RE: Question about brace design forces for columns (Thanks for th e info!)

>The reason my question came up was that I attended an
>AISC seminar on basic design for stability ...
>presented by Dr. Joseph Yura and Dr. Todd Helwig -
>both experts in the field of structural stability.
>They are both fantastic teachers and explained basic
>concepts of structural stability in very easy to
>understand terms.  This all-day course, taught by
>recognized EXPERTS in the subject was well worth the
>very reasonable $250 cost.  I'd definitely recommend
>this seminar to all structural engineers - even the
>ones who already know a lot about the subject.

I'm glad you found the course interesting and worth the cost. This year,
there are 8 more presentations scheduled for "Basic Design for Stability -
Columns and Frames", which is the new AISC/SSRC seminar (different from the
stability bracing one we used to run with SSRC).

Oct. 8  Vienna, VA (Washington D.C.) Tysons Corner Marriott
Oct. 9  Atlanta, GA  Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter NW
Nov. 5  Detroit, MI  The Westin Southfield Detroit
Nov. 6  Chicago, IL  Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown
Nov. 19  Seattle, WA  Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
Nov. 20  Portland, OR  Embassy Suites Hotel Portland-Airport
Dec. 9  St. Louis, MO  Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport Hotel
Dec. 10  Houston, TX  Sheraton North Houston

You can get more information on it -- and other AISC seminars -- here:

    www.aisc.org/seminars

Charlie