Wood beam repair

Hi Folks:

Has anyone prepared a wood beam repair in the top of a simple span compression zone by removing a damaged area (termites) and adding a piece of wood with a tight fit?
I would like to use a piece of kiln dried wood to eliminate shrinkage problems as the floor beam is relatively old and seasoned.  The beam is a 4x12 about 12 long in span and lightly loaded as most of the floor framing adjacent is parallel to it.
The damaged is about 6' long and 2 " deep and is centrally located on the span.  What glue product is best for this type of repair?

Also I did not receive mail from this list for the past month and most of September when I finally signed on again.  Was the list down or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Ray shreenan  SE