Re: Wood beam repair

Nels:

Here is what happened. Our server is trained to remove invalid email addresses from the directory once every month. The way it does that is by making three attempts in 12 hours to send an email to a subscriber. If all three attempts fail, then it removes that email address from the list considering it as an invalid email address. The most common causes for removal are: (1) Server not reachable (2) User does not exist (3) Mail box full.

Last month while I was on vacation, the server went through this routine. However, this was the same time when many ISPs were being hit by a storm of worms/viruses making some of the mail servers non-reachable. Our server removed those email addresses treating them as invalid email addresses.

To avoid this in future, I have changed the cleanup schedule from monthly/automatic to monthly/manual. So, now when it is ready to start cleanup it seeks permission from the administrator. It also reports the activity back to the admin. This gives us more control over the cleanup process.

Hope that helps.

Shafat