Re: seaint Digest for 29 Sep 2003

Andrew,

Several months ago I contacted PCA with a question about these provisions and was put in contact with Dr. Ronald Cook, the author of the provisions.  As it turned out in my case the shear limitations were not applicable so I did not get an answer to your question.  I recommend that you contact Basile G. Rabbat at brabbat(--nospam--at)cement.org with your question.  If he cannot answer it I expect that he will
forward it to Dr. Cook.  In my case I received an answer within 24 hours.  I would be interested to know what errata you received as well as any answer you recieve from PCA/Dr. Cook.

Adam Vakiener, PE