Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Proprietary concrete slab forming system?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Proprietary concrete slab forming system?
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mStuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:39:05 -0400
Came across a formed, framed slab system supported by bar joisted spaced at about 2’-0” o.c. that I have not seen before.
Visually, the slab soffit looks very similar to the bottom of a wet cardboard box with a slight shadowing of 2” x 2” ± mesh behind. Slab soffit is hard to the touch. Slab thickness measures 4” thick, concrete.
Anybody seen this system before or am I just looking at a non-descript, removable forming system that just happened to be separated from the concrete via a layer of cardboard?
D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.
Senior Project Manager
Schoor DePalma Engineers and Consultants
200 State Highway Nine
Manalapan, NJ 07726
732-577-9000 (Ext. 1275)
732 -431-9428 (Fax)
- Prev by Subject: RE: Proposed roof design
- Next by Subject: RE: Proprietary concrete slab forming system?
- Previous by thread: Re: seaint Digest for 29 Sep 2003
- Next by thread: Tapered Stem Wall using Enercal