Wood density

I am looking for a way to document extent of dry rot and/or termite damage to existing glu-lam beams. I would like to be more sophisticated than probing the wood with an ice pick.

A while back someone posted the name of a company from which you could rent or purchase a device for measuring wood density. Could someone graciously re-post this info?

Thanks,

Mark D. Baker