Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Wood density

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Try They make a variety of moisture meters but may also have a meter which would enable you to determine density by other means.

Albert J. Meyer, Jr., P.E.
Senior Project Engineer
Cagley, Harman & Associates
Structural Engineers / Parking Consultants
1015 West Ninth Avenue
King of Prussia PA 19406-1222
(610) 337-3360
(610) 337-3359 Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Baker [mailto:shake4bake(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 4:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Wood density

I am looking for a way to document extent of dry rot and/or termite damage to existing glu-lam beams. I would like to be more sophisticated than probing the wood with an ice pick.
A while back someone posted the name of a company from which you could rent or purchase a device for measuring wood density. Could someone graciously re-post this info?
Mark D. Baker