Re: Wood density

The James V-Meter Mark II at www.ndtjames.com may be of interest.  It is used primarily for concrete, but I think it can be tuned for wood.  Actually, the website says as much.

>>> shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net 09/30/03 04:55PM >>>
I am looking for a way to document extent of dry rot and/or termite damage to existing glu-lam beams. I would like to be more sophisticated than probing the wood with an ice pick.

A while back someone posted the name of a company from which you could rent or purchase a device for measuring wood density. Could someone graciously re-post this info?

Thanks,

Mark D. Baker