RE: Strap Bracing for Metal Stud Wall

Richard,

	You can get strap bracing in various widths and gages.  Depending on the
loads, we may use 4" to 6" bracing at 18 to 12 ga.  I almost always put the
straps on both sides of the studs, unless the loads are very low.  Once you
size the strap and the end welds to the studs and check deflection, the rest
is very similar to shear walls; you have to check axial loading and size the
end anchor.

bks