Fibermesh Topping Slab

We recently completed the design of a 3 story assisted living center.
Construction is pre-cast hollow core with cmu walls.  We specified a 2"
composite topping slab with welded wire fabric.  One of the contractor's VE
options was substitution of fibermesh for the WWF in the topping slab.  Is
this common????  The shear loads are relatively low due to the depth of the
structure and the spacing of the interior walls, but this just seems like a
bad location to use fibermesh.  Any thoughts or experience???  The structure
is in south Florida, high wind but no seismic.

Brian K. Smith