RE: Strap Bracing for Metal Stud Wall

Jim -

But, seriously, are you suggesting that, in seismic zones 3 and 4, you
should use R=2.8, multiply by Omega_sub_o (basically, design for R=1)
and limit the structure to two stories?

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/