Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Offset Moment Connection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Offset Moment Connection
- From: CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 00:12:59 EDT
A structural steel fabricator/erector has requested advice from me for the following issue. The SOR for a contract the erector is working on is requiring him to provide a full moment capacity moment connection for a W21x57 beam to W12x72 column connection. All steel is 50 ksi. The beam frames into the column's flange. The issue is the beam is offset 7 3/4" from the column centerline. Is a moment connection possible with this amount of offset?
Charlie Canitz, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Off Topic? NYC Subway
- Next by Subject: RE: Offset Moment Connection
- Previous by thread: RE: Fibermesh questions
- Next by thread: RE: Offset Moment Connection