RE: Off Topic - Charity

Title: RE: Off Topic - Charity

Engineers vs. Architects in a paintball skirmish...sounds almost to good to be true!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Kilgore [mailto:jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 4:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Off Topic - Charity

NOTE:  This posting is for engineers local to the Kansas/Missouri area.

I normally wouldn't post an announcement to this list, but a) I have great
respect for Habitat for Humanity and b) the Engineers team is currently
short on players.

Basically, two large teams (Engineers vs. Architects) will play
approximately 8 paintball skirmishes at DropZone Extreme Paintball Park
located outside of Lawrence, KS.  The field's website is
www.dropzonepaintball.com.  Proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity (current
goal is $1000 raised).  Basic equipment (including 500 markers) is provided.
Extra markers may be purchased.  Players must be at the field and registered
before noon Saturday.  Contact Dan Wilson at danwilson(--nospam--at)powwwer.net for more
information.

-Jason

--------------
PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL THOSE YOU KNOW WHO
WOULD EITHER LIKE TO PLAY OR WHO WOULD LIKE TO DONATE
PRIZES TO THIS CHARITY EVENT.

The Architect vs. Engineer Charity Paintball Event is only 5 days away!!
Please continue to spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested.
Those who are interested in playing need to contact me at
danwilson(--nospam--at)powwwer.net.  This event is an annual charity event raising money
for the Habitat For Humanity.

This years event will be held at a field located outside Lawrence, KS on
October 11th, 2003.  Admission for this event is around $39 per player but
$10 of that entry fee per player is donated to the Habitat For Humanity.

Those who are eligible to play are:
    - Anyone who works for or directly with any Architectural or Engineering
firm
    - Any Students and Faculty of colleges of architecture, planning and
design, and engineering
    - This event is also open to any of your friends, family, spouses, or
children (must be at least 10 to play).  The more people playing the better.

Those business who are donating prizes for this event:
    - Umicore Building Products / VM Zinc out of Raleigh, NC
(http://www.vmzinc-us.com )
    - Deborah Stout / Scott Rice out of Wichita, KS
    - Kansas Blue Print (KBP) out of Wichita, KS (http://www.kbp.com)
    - Computer Services of Wichita, KS (www.computerservices-ks.com)
    - Habitat For Humanity (Lawrence Chapter)
    - Sonic out of Newton, KS
    - National Paintball Supply out of Elk Grove Village, IL
(www.nationalpaintball.com)
    - Paintball Trader out of Emporia, KS (www.paintballtrader.com)
    - Tornado Alley Paintball out of El Dorado, KS
(www.tornadoalleypaintball.com)
    - And possibly a few others paintball stores/vendors/fields throughout
Kansas

If you are a business, vendor, or product rep and would like to donate a
prize for this event, please contact me at danwilson(--nospam--at)powwwer.net.  This is a
great opportunity to market your company name out to many architects and
engineers who wouldn't hear of you otherwise, and at the same time you are
helping out a worthy charity.  These prizes will be raffled off the day of
the event.  Raffle tickets are $1 each with all proceeds going to the
Habitat For Humanity.

Dan Wilson, AAIA
danwilson(--nospam--at)powwwer.net
MVP Architects