RE: question on K factors and P-delta analysis

The K factor is an adjustment used to deal with second order effects when
you do an analysis based  on initial geometry and ignoring any changes in
geometry due to applied loads.  If you perform an analysis that considers
the impact of change in geometry, due to applied loads, on the forces in
the structure then you do not need to use the K factor.

I believe that we will find that Mr. Yura's concern is t ied to assumptions
as to what kind of a second order  analysis was performed.  Different
people have used a number of different approaches to perform "second-order"
analyses.

I would be interested to understand where in the SSRC it says that a K not
equal to 1 should be used if you performed a second order analysis.  If we
are  talking about the same document, the 4th edition of the SSRC Guide is
over 700 pages long.

Mark Gilligan