RE: question on K factors and P-delta analysis

Mark,

Thanks for the response.

Does this mean that if I have a single cantilevered
"flag-pole" column with horizontal and vertical load
applied at the top of the column, I can use K=1 for
design of that cantilevering column as long as I do a
second-order analysis? This is the fundamental issue
that I'm having a problem grasping. I've always just
assumed that if the column was a "flag-pole"
cantilever, then K=2 no matter what kind of analysis
you did.

Thanks.

Cliff Schwinger

--- Mark Gilligan <MarkKGilligan(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>