Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Thickened Floor Slabs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Thickened Floor Slabs
- From: "Al Grathwol" <AGrathwol(--nospam--at)BoyleEngineering.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:47:31 -0700
From: Lester Unger [mailto:lesterunger(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 8:39 AM
Subject: Thickened Floor SlabsWhat factors do I need to look at for 6" interior non-bearing masonry walls on 4" floor slabs on grade? My company had some typical details of thickened floor slabs under all 8" and 6" interior masonry walls. We no longer use these details. Typically we put all 8" walls on wall footings and 6" non bearing walls on 4" slab on grade. I checked the floor slab as if it were a footing and found it to be OK with a 6" cmu wall 14' high on it. The construction manager is insisting on the thickened floor slabs at the 6" walls. I don't feel these are necessary. Comment would be appreciated.Thank you.
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search
- Prev by Subject: RE: Thickened Floor Slabs
- Next by Subject: RE: Thickened Floor Slabs
- Previous by thread: RE: Thickened Floor Slabs
- Next by thread: RE: Thickened Floor Slabs