Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Contact loads from moving loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Contact loads from moving loads
- From: "Joseph Grill" <j.grill(--nospam--at)comcast.net>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:06:53 -0700
Gentlemen and ladies of this fine list,
I know I am taking you California engineers away from the election this evening, but I need to ask a question that I am not too familiar with. I have a situation where a 6200# log is moving along a support driven by chains. The log will contact a stop mechanism which is supposed to stop the log. The log will be moving at 200 ft/min. I need to calculate the force on the stop. Can you give me any help or send me to a reference that I hope I have that may explain what I need to do. I have been looking at a 25 year old dynamics book from college, but to be honest it isn't helping me very much. It is a little late this evening, but I need to get going on it in the morning. I can scratch out some numbers which I think will be pretty conservative, but would like some other input if I can get it. The stop mechanism needs to be designed after the force is determined.
Joseph R. Grill
- Prev by Subject: Re: Construction Estimating
- Next by Subject: RE: Contact loads from moving loads
- Previous by thread: Re: Barn Structure
- Next by thread: Re: Contact loads from moving loads