Re: Posting Live Load

rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com wrote:

> Yes,  This is a TX project.  I guess I never thought of having to have ADA requirements.  I thought there would be some standard form of what information should be posted, wording, layout, etc.  Is that up to me?
>
> Thanks.

The building department should have the actual wording requiements. More importantly, why aren't you using the live load required by Section 1607?  How will the ordinary person know what a posted live load (e.g. 50
PSF) equates to?  Surely there is some way to use the code required minimum floor live load.

--
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA
a practical architectural engineer

"Education is what you get from reading the fine print;
 Experience is what you get from ignoring it."