From: Ed Tornberg [mailto:edt(--nospam--at)blazerind.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 9:43 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wood continuous beams

Being aware that it's standard practice to apply moment redistribution
to continuous concrete beams,  is there any information out there on the
possibility of applying moment redistribution to continuous wood beams?
I'm not pretending to think that wood forms plastic hinges like
concrete, but I'm wondering if the creep characteristics of wood can
produce a similar, although lesser, effect.  The member in question is a
24" x 1.5" LVL.

Ed Tornberg, PE
Blazer Industries, Inc.

Aumsville, OR