NFPA Code and ICBO Evaluation Service Reports

A lot of companies have invested a lot of time and expense into research and
reports as a part of the process of having their products evaluated as
alternatives to the requirements of the UBC in accordance with the
Acceptance Criteria of the ICBO Evaluation Service.  I specify many
products, such as connectors, epoxy adhesive, engineered lumber etc. based
on the ICBO Evaluation Service acceptance.

What will become of this important resource in jurisdictions in which the
NFPA Building Code is adopted?  Does NFPA have a similar Evaluation Service?
Will the ICBO Service work with NFPA to make reports compatible with
provisions of the NFPA Code?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA