Viruses (again)

I received two viruses today, purportedly sent direct by list service
subscribers, names we would all recognize as contributors to the list.

One had the subject, "WTC- Soil debris excavation" and had an attachment,
"dipsy.gif.scr" a 72192 character script file disguised as a .gif.

The other had the subject, "Re: Drilled pier foundation" and had an
attachment, "oaklawnhook.bad.doc.pif" a 72192 character .pif file disguised
as a .doc.

The file size is the same as the SoBig.F virus that inundated the web a
couple of months ago and virtually brought the web to a halt.

This reinforces the caution about not opening files that you were not
expecting, even if they were purportedly sent by people that are well known
to you.

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona