Plan review?

So guys, for the benefit of us engineers here in the dirty south, especially Florida, what is this thing you guys keep talking about- plan review? Peer review? Someone ACTUALLY LOOKS at your drawings besides your coworkers? WHOA!!! Next thing you know, you will be telling me there are guys that go and "inspect" the structure being built.

No system is perfect, and certainly yours can be improved, but take it with a grain of salt. The only engineers around here going through hassles like that are ones that design parking lots and retention ponds. As long as you plant back X number of trees and make your retention pond big enough, the building could be on the verge of collaps and nobody would be the wiser.....

(slight sarcasm off)

Andrew Kester, EI
Longwood, FL