From: CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 6:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: W Shape question

To all -
While recently reviewing a set of structural design drawings, I noticed a W21x55 specified. Since neither the AISC's 9th Ed ASD nor the 2nd Ed LRFD list this particular shape, my initial reaction was that it was a typo(i.e., should have been a W21x57). Upon checking "Availability of Structural Steel Shapes" in MSC however, said shape is listed as well as a W21x48 that is also not listed in the steel tables. Is there something special about this particular shape (I don't have the 3rd Ed LRFD so it may be listed in that publication)?

Thanks,
Charles Canitz, PE
Annapolis, MD