Re: Q: Flatness Tolerances for Residential Slab

Bill,

I am not aware of any requirements in any of the codes.  This is even true
from ACI's perspective too (also keep in mind the ACI 318 generally does
_NOT_ apply to slabs on grade except for some minor situations...not that
ACI 318 comes close to addressing the issue anyway).  ACI 117 will have
some criteria, but if the project documents (i.e. the contract) does not
specify such requirements directly or by refering to ACI 117, then you
will likely have difficulty "dinging" the contractor.  OTOH, there might
be something in the IRC or CABO (assuming that your jurisdiction requires
use of either)...but I am not too familar with either.

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI