Re: Q: Flatness Tolerances for Residenti

Bill,

Have you looked at HUD's minimum construction standards?

Have you also looked in MasterSpec (or similar) specifications?

A "generally accepted" standard is 1/4" deviation from a 10 ft.
straightedge.  However, I have never seen one on a residential job.  Usually
the finisher eyeballs the work and pushes the insufficient amount of concrete
around to create what he thinks is a level slab.  And until it rains, no one
knows the difference.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona