RE: Plan Check

SNIP

> I am open to further discussion of where the problems are and how we can
> best take steps to correct them.  I would be interested in hearing from
> Canadian engineers regarding their approval process.  Don't you have
> mandatory peer review in Canada?

There is a peer review process for structural engineers in BC, instituted
after the ?Save-On Foods? roof collapse. You can find it here at the APEGBC
site:

http://www.apeg.bc.ca/library/practiceguidelines.html

Maybe someone in BC can comment on its effectiveness?

Quebec has a "practice inspection" process that applies to a
randomly-selected sample of all engineers, covering professional, technical
and business aspects of engineering.

Several provinces have various levels of CPD requirements.

There is no mandated peer review other than BC that I'm aware of.

We also don't have "plan checks" here in the US West Coast model (to my
knowledge).

Peter James