RE: Flatness Tolerances for Residential Slab

You might check out the local Contractor licensing
board.  They might have standards spelled out.  For
example, Arizona Registrar of Contractors publishes a
document called "Workmanship Standards for Licensed
Contractors"
http://www.rc.state.az.us/Acrobat/Public/Standards_2003.pdf
It dictates:
9. PD Uneven or wavy floors.
AT Floors should not vary from flat more than 1/4"
over a 10' area provided the deviation is gradual.
Deviations, dips, or sags over short distances and
easily visible to the eye may be considered
unacceptable.
CR Contractor should make necessary repairs.
10. PD Floors not level.
AT Floors should be level within 1/4" in any 12' run.
CR Contractor should make necessary repairs.

Good luck,
Paul Blomberg
Phoenix, AZ