From: "Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
To: "Seaint (E-mail)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 9:12 AM
Subject: Joist manufacturer

> I am trying to locate information on joists in an existing building which
was built and added on to during the 1940's, 50's & 60's.  I found a tag
with the following: 1910 167-1 SHEFFIELD STEEL CORP. in one area and others
with: 1448-187-1 SHEFFIELD DIVISION & 1448-103-1 SHEFFIELD DIVISION.

> I have also found a tag with: LACLEDE X179 17720-1.
>
> I have discovered that the Sheffield Steel Corp and Laclede Steel
companies that produced these joists are no longer in business.  The
companies that bought out each company have no information on these old
joists.  I need to determine the load carrying capacity of these joists.
Can you help?