Re: Seismic Load Factors

Michael:

Not to say that you are wrong...but are you sure about the Struct II being
only on the UBC 97?  When I took it for the Illinois SE (in 1997?), you
could choose between the 1997 UBC, the 1996 BOCA, or the current SBC
(don't recall which one it was but would have been 1996, 1997 or 1998 or
so).  And the NCEES site seems to imply that such is still the case,
except that you can choose between the 1999 BOCA, 1999 SBC, and 1997 UBC.
Your state may have provided other information that I am not aware of.

I _DO_ know that the Struct III exam for Washington is 1997 UBC only...at
least until next year, at which point it will supposedly switch to the
2003 IBC, I believe.  Thus, I do need to study the UBC  unless I want to
take it again next year.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI