Re: Seismic Load Factors

Mike,

I would think that you would be more familiar with the BOCA code
provisions and want to stick with that since the BOCA (and now the IBC) is
used rather heavily in the Midwest.  I used the BOCA when I took the
Struct II exam.  It meant that I did not have to learn all the little
"tweaks" that the UBC folks like to toss into the various material
standards such as ACI 318, but rather could just use my 318 book (my
biggest problem when I took the Struct III exam last year...trying to find
crap in the UBC when I am used to the 318, etc).

But, then to each their own.  At this point it would not matter too much
to me, as I am just as rusty with the IBC as I am with the UBC.

Good luck! (I know that I will need it.)

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI