Re: Concrete Text Books

Gerard -

I used Nilson & Winter (11th Ed.) as an undergraduate, and I still
prefer it personally to the Nawy textbook editions I've seen.  I
believe it offers a more in-depth discussion of many concepts than
the follow-the-flowchart presentation of Nawy.  However, for cramming
information into a single quarter, Nawy wins hands-down.

Regarding errors in Nawy, I believe one of my colleagues
noted several technical errors in the text while using it for a
class, but at the time, it was the only text up-to-date with the
then-current code revision.  The erroneous use of words is just
entertaining, as Gail pointed out.

Charley