RE: Rebar Strengths

This is tricky.  You may have difficulty making that slab meet current
code requirements.  I've worked on a number of 1920-1930 industrial
buildings.  Typically I deal with the steel which is A7 or A9.(don't
weld to it)

For concrete structures of that vintage, the bars are typically smooth
and can be rectangular.  I have used 30 ksi as my yield stress, and
conservatively use 2,000 psi for concrete strength.  I found some
ancient reference manuals.  The designs typically were "off the shelf",
that is, designs came from tables as opposed to calculations.

Most of the "early" designs I have seen came out of New York and Salt
Lake city by a company called "The general engineering company
consulting engineers".  I've tried to track them down to see who now may
have possession of their in-house design procedures.  It would be an
interesting read.

I recall one slab where the reinforcing was not continuous over the
supports, it was essentially a series of hammocks. 80+ yrs of heavy

Sounds like an interesting project - enjoy.

As food for thought - depending on the use over the years, I would watch
for chemical attack on the rebar, splice lengths and would try to get a
test on some rebar.

Hans E. Boge, P. Eng.
Boge Boge (1980) Ltd.
268 Ellen St., Wpg. MB