Hardy Frames

I am looking for advice from those who have used Hardy frames in
residential construction in high seismic zones (particularly in CA with
the 1997 UBC / 2001 CBC).

I've seen the literature, scanned the ICBO report, but, frankly, I don't
pay attention to things very well until I have to use it on one of my
projects. Well, I did a stoopid thing and mentioned Hardy frames to a
client of mine and he would like to substitute all double sided shear
walls with Hardy frames.

For those of you who have used them, any pitfalls? Anything to watch out
for? Any change in the analysis? To me, they look like OCBFs requiring a
different R, requiring multiplying design forces by 1.5 (or worse,
limited applicability due to AISC Seismic Provisions), etc. but possibly
the ICBO report has avoided all of this.

Input would be most appreciated.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://members.cox.net/ballense/