From: Rick Burch [mailto:rburch(--nospam--at)conterra.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 11:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: steel formdeck as shearwall?

Harold,
If I understand the IBC 2000 correctly, I don't think you would ever
have SDC E or F in Alabama. According to footnote a on tables 1616.3(1)
and 1616.3(2), the only times that you get into SDC E or F is when S1 is
over 0.75. Looking at the map for S1 in figure 1615(2) , the highest S1
value I see is in Alabama is slightly over 0.15 (in the northwest
corner), well below 0.75.

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC