New home problems

This is a great article about the new home industry in Central FL that you all may enjoy. They do not even address structural defaults, which I can tell just by driving around are numerous. You just cannot have that much glass in shear walls in high wind regions like I see around here. I have seen permitted plans with CMU walls with #5's at 8' o.c. and missing jambs, and that is the tip of the iceberg.

You CA guys may be a bit jealous of the prices around here, but believe me, you are not getting the house you think you are...

Andrew Kester, EI
Project Engineer
Longwood, FL 32750