RE: Aluminum

The Aluminum Association lists round pipe (Sch 40, etc) and round tube in
the available section properties. For structural shapes 6061-T6 is the most
common structural grade, but 6063 is also used for pipe rails (lower
strength). The maximum allowable stress for pipe in 60601-T6 is 25 ksi, but
this may be reduced based on span, R/t, welds, etc.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236