Re: calculators at licensing exams

FYI, it's my understanding that the prohibition of calculators (and I've heard a few states, at least, are doing this,) actually did not have to do with their programmable capability, but with their communication ability. That is, any calculator that can store alpha characters, or has an infra-red port, is not allowed. Apparently, there is concern that test takers can record the exact exam and so be better prepared for future ones. (Do they re-use questions?)

Greg