RE: Sick Profession?

Amen, Stan...

Ed, it sounds like your issues are more with Government than they are with
the profession.

OR does not have a corner on bizarre rulings from plan examiners...as I
always say, please
Come to Chicago once you feel you've seen everything!

I can write about that topic for hours...but won't bore you.

The H1-B issue shouldn't be a concern either...there seems to play of work
out there for
Everyone...

Heck, my office is swamped; I'm having trouble finding good SE's.

Anyway, the key to keeping things interesting, IMHO, is to diversify your
practice if possible.

Try different things...look into doing projects in other markets, other
building types, do a little marketing,
Some pro bono work, development...etc...

One of the things that's really helped me is "Making my own projects" by
raising equity and
Developing my own things....lets you see the other side of the fence.

Very eye opening!!!!

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Director
Head of Design and Construction