RE: Regional permitting differences - calculations

Brian:

In my humble opinion, the peer review process in Chicago has made things
WORSE...our fate is now in the hands of politically connected
(for various obvious reasons) A/E firms with HUGE conflict of interest
issues.

We had relatively simple townhome projects that have required four meetings
Or more with the peer reviewer to gain approval.

In my opinion, the issues raised were ridiculous.

One additional side point, we have found that the fees the peer reviewers
charge
Are LARGER than the original design fees we get to charge!

It's terrible.

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Director
Head of Design and Construction