Re: "Lamella" Wood Roof Construction

Eric,

Summerbell put out what they called a design manual.  I have a copy of a copy -- it probably dates from the 60's or earlier.  It does not provide an analysis procedure, but gives details, member sizes, bolt sizes, and arc properties for various spans of Summerbell's standard lamella designs.  I don't remember seeing a lamella analysis method in textbooks -- I wonder if it was a proprietary system.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net