Re: "Lamella" Wood Roof Construction

Chapter 6 - Arches - Timber Design and Construction Handbook by Timber Engineering Company - circa 1956.

"Lamella roof construction, originating in Europe in 1908, was introduced to the United States in 1925."

Many grocery stores on the west coast used this system - if I remember correctly, Purity Grocery stores.   The present Jaguar and Aston-Martin dealership in Burlingame, Ca has this type of roof over it's shop area which we modified in 1985 or so.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
consulting structural engineers