CA PE with regards to WA PE

ok, after all this talk about the license exams I have a question.  I'm currently an EIT up here in WA and will qualify to sit up here for my PE next October.  I have been debating whether I should take the CA PE in April and then get comity or equiv. up here in WA.

One issue that came up is to get the CA Civil PE license I would have to take the NCEES 8-hour Civil PE exam plus the addional 5 hrs for seismic/surveying.  In WA I would only need to take the NCEES 8-hour Civil PE exam.

Is the CA Civil PE license Pass/Fail including the seismic/surveying?  Is it possilbe to pass the NCEES exam and not the following exams.  Could I then take the results from the NCEES exam and use that to get my WA PE license?

Just trying to look at all the angles.  One concern I have up here is that they keep changing the exam requirments up here in WA and I'm getting sick of the changes.  I'm also concerned they're going to change to the IBC for code stuff instead of the UBC which would really annoy me.  Or if the CA one switches to NFPA.

Thanks,
Seth