From: Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 4:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: americanworkerscoalition(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com; rweingardt(--nospam--at)gostructural.com
Subject: RE: SICK PROFESSION

Attention    SEAINT:

Regarding Stan Caldwell,    David Fisher' post  indicating the H-1b issue is of no concern to structural engineers.........................

That may be true to SE's  for right now,   but as one who has followed the issue for over ten years  with  AEA    (www.aea.org) I don't think this issue is going away.

Members of the IT industry  and   EE's   seem unconcerned   for the H-1B  issue years back.  It was boom times in their profession!    Now the boom has bust!!!
There is record unemployment amongst IT and EE  workers

IEEE-USA  reports that umemployment amongst  EE's is at historic highs!!!

Will we see  the same for the structural engineering profession?

I don't  know.   Time will tell.

But the give  you some of you an indication  of the H-1B issue that so many of you refuse to be concerned I offer the following:

INTERNET websites protesting the H-1b visa,  offshoring  programs are sprouting.

Chat rooms,  discussion groups have formed attempting to fight the H-1b,
outsourcing programs.

Angry engineers,  IT  workers  are now beginning to speak out!!

You might want to call it revenge of the techies!!!

The following is just a sampling of some of the protest  - discussion groups
on the  unemployment,   H-1b issue,   offshoring .

More seem  to be forming each month as word spreads of the scam - sham that
is the H-1b visa  program.  New concerns over the outsourcing issue are being
raised.

H-1B,  offshoring   link  websites:

http://www.h1b.info
check there database  the H-1b  applications
http://www.h1b.info/lca.php        maybe your firm  is listed????

http://www.h1bprotest.com
http://awcorg.us
http://www.techsunite.org
http://www.nomoreh1b.com
http://www.hireamericancitizens.org

http://www.zazona.com
Don't forget to review their   LCA database to see if your firm is listed!!!

http://www.Geocities.com/H1BAction/
http://www2.familyinjustice.com:8080/familyinjustice/h1b/
http://www.it-usa.org/
www.toraw.org
http://www.americaonstrike.com/tech-jobs.htm
www.prestwood.com/h1b
www.american-champions.org

http://www.the-cia.net/users/country/sellmain.htm       ( work in Progress)
http://www.outsourcecongress.org

www.stoptheinvasion.com/h1b
www.rescueamericanjobs.org
www.americanworker.org
www.goodetech.com
www.freedomcast.com
www.immigrationshumancost.org/text/job.html
www.faceintel.com
www.geak.com
www.us1st.org
http://webstew.com/nonafta/
www.insourceamerica.org
http://www.sunclassaction.com
http://www.complex-numbers.com/home/visas.html

http://www.heyhillary-wheresmyjob.com/
http://www.heykennedy-wheresmyjob.com/
http://www.heymccain-wheresmyjob.com/
http://www.heybiggert-wheresmyjob.com/
http://www.heyorrinhatch-wheresmyjob.com/

and there are others!!!!!!

http://www.outsourcecongress.org/rep/
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/rep/mica/
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/rep/crowley/
http://www.OutsourceCongress.org/rep/crane/
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/rep/flake/
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/rep/feeney/
http://www.OutsourceCongress.org/rep/kirk/
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/rep/eshoo/
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/senator/

http://americaforsale.blogspot.com/2003_09_01_americaforsale_archive.html

http://goodetech.com/politicians.htm

Engineering - IT organization websites:
www.programmersguild.org
www.aea.org
www.itpaa.org

And there is now even protest songs!!!
http://www.complex-numbers.com/home/dog-one.html

Unemployed workers are even making there own  videos!!!

www.magoomedia.com/media/talk1m.wmv

Messages group:
http://205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=13867&sid=7272
http://capwiz.com/ieeeusa/issues/alert/?alertid=435666&type=CO
http://www.h1bvisasucks.com/
http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2002-07/msg00294.html
http://stopoffshoringjobs.blog-city.com/

Search Engine for H-1B  stories!!!
http://h-1b.newstrove.com

pending  (in the works)
http://www.slaveryisback.com/

Commentary on H-1B
http://prestwood.com/community/reference/H1-B_KB_Article.asp
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/29/Business/Permit_for_exploitati.shtml
http://www.firstandsecond.com/bw/mag6_page1.html
http://www.homebased-books.com/homeless_HTML_guy.jpg

This is not then end,  but just the beginning.

Sincerely,

Engr. Robert B. Johnson,  SE, PE
Chicago.  IL

f.ASCE   Past member  of Committee on Public Involvement
American Engineering Association   www.aea.org
American Engineering Alliance          www.aeaworld.org
Tau Beta Pi Association
International Technology Institute      http://www.itiworld.org

The above does not necessary represent the thoughts,  opinions of the many
engineering organization I belong,  but cited only as a reference the degree
of involvement in the engineering profession.    In fact most engineering
societies do not have a position on the H-1B issue with the possible
exception of ASCE,  IEEE.

ref:  http://www.asce.org/pressroom/news/pp&res/res477_workeradmissions.cfm
http://www.ieeeusa.org/forum/POSITIONS/h1b.html
http://www.ieeeusa.org/forum/issues/H1bvisa/index.html