Re: SICK PROFESSION

I am simply stating an opinion.  From what I can see, H-!B hiring has nothing to do with "providing an opporunity" to anyone.  It has to do with hiring inexpensive labor.

For that matter, I am a second generation America.  I am fully aware of the "last one on the boat" syndrome.  And the "not in by backyard" syndrome.  And any number of other cliches.

It does not change the fact that if someone cannot read, write or speak English correctly,  it costs me more time (money) to deal with them.  Am I "faulting" them?  No,  I am stating a fact.  I am stating a fact that their employer has chosen to use inexpensive labor and that this is costing me time (money.)

The H-!B databases are pretty interesting. It would also be interesting to know why companies in the DC and Philalephia areas find it necessary to hire H-!B personnel, given the number of graduates that Penn State cranks out.

Could it be that a structural engineer working for one of these firms will never be able to buy a condo in any building he or she designs?  Or that he or she is sitting in a room with 20 other desks, while designing office buildings that have on-site day care and health clubs?  And that the room hasn't even be vacuumed for a month?

I would note that in looking at the H-1B database, I am not surprised to find DC area firms like Tadjer-Cohen-Edelson and Adtek.  It goes with their reputation.  The vacumming part especially.

Gail Kelley