Re: SICK PROFESSION

Roger,

Thanks for the added perspective that was also going through my head, but
lacked the courage to articulate it.

I would add another perspective...

And how many foreign workers can get a job in their own country because
there are American's their in those jobs?  How many foreign companies lose
work in their own country to U.S. companies?

Protectionism is all fine and dandy, but if we fully "implement" it, then
what stops other countries from do the same?  What would happen to a lot
of the products that are sold outside of the US?  What would happen to
those American's who are employed about outside the US?

Like it or not, we are in a global economy.  There will be US workers who
lose jobs on our own soil due to foreign workers.  There will be US
workers who lose jobs due to companies shipping them overseas.  But,
hopefully there will be just as many Americans who get work overseas or
get jobs here when companies send jobs here.  Does this mean that
everything is on the "up and up" and that we can just sit back and have a
beer (or a caffience free Coke in my case)?  Nope.  There will be abuses
and corruption that will need to be watched for and dealt with.

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI