RE: SICK PROFESSION

At 11/11/2003 12:03 AM, you wrote:
The role of government is to insure
that there is a level playing field (at least in my opinion) and that
companies are exploiting people just to improve the bottom line.

Scott:

This is the biggest myth I have heard. I have visited quite a few offshore offices and factories and therefore what I know is first-hand. The fact is in all cases (that I know of) the employees are treated with higher standards than you can imagine. The nationals of those countries consider themselves fortunate working with these foreign companies.

The biggest attraction for a US company to setup a factory/office in a foreign country is that the overall cost of living in those countries is lower. e.g. In India you can buy your groceries for the whole year of less than $100. Buy a house for $20,000 etc. That is a fact!

Shafat