Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: SICK PROFESSION[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: SICK PROFESSION
- From: Shafat Qazi <seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:10:18 -0800
At 11/11/2003 12:03 AM, you wrote:
The role of government is to insure
that there is a level playing field (at least in my opinion) and that
companies are exploiting people just to improve the bottom line.
This is the biggest myth I have heard. I have visited quite a few offshore offices and factories and therefore what I know is first-hand. The fact is in all cases (that I know of) the employees are treated with higher standards than you can imagine. The nationals of those countries consider themselves fortunate working with these foreign companies.
The biggest attraction for a US company to setup a factory/office in a foreign country is that the overall cost of living in those countries is lower. e.g. In India you can buy your groceries for the whole year of less than $100. Buy a house for $20,000 etc. That is a fact!
- Prev by Subject: Re: SICK PROFESSION
- Next by Subject: SICK PROFESSION
- Previous by thread: Re: SICK PROFESSION
- Next by thread: RE: SICK PROFESSION