RE: SICK PROFESSION

I'm not surprised...as you all know, I hired ONE H1-B engineer to fill a
SPECIFIC
Need FOUR YEARS AGO. The guy is still on staff for reasons I've previously
discussed.

I am looking at adding more staff and what will make you H1-B haters happy,
I am only
Looking at US citizens, not because "I've learned a lesson", but because
they are now readily available
Due to the soft economy (and after being in business six years, we no longer
qualify as a "start up") and
A lot more likely to accept a job with my company.

My what a difference a few years makes.

All things being equal, the H1-B program costs a LOT more than hiring a US
Citizen for reasons we're
All aware of...

I used the program the way it was meant to be used: for a specific need that
was not then able to be filled
By the available US labor pool at that time.

So there!

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Director
Head of Design and Construction