RE: ASTM A 36 steel

Gail:

We’ve been told these days by Mill guys that the current state of the art is ASTM 992, a “dual spec”

Steel, i.e., meets A36 and A572-50.

It was explained to me that most A36 steel met A572-50 anyway, so they’ve been gradually phasing it out.

The cost difference ended up being negligible.

Regards,

David L. Fisher, SE, PE

Director

Head of Design and Construction