From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 11:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASTM A 36 steel

I know this has been discussed before, but I never followed real closely.

It is my understanding that ASTM A 36 is being used less now then it has been in the past.  Can someone maybe summarize some of the issues?

I will note that my specific interest is the steel used as dowels for slabs on ground,  which ACI 360, for unknown (even to them) reasons,  recommends be ASTM A 36.

I'd like to know the overall industry trend though,  i.e. availablity, price, whatever caused the change.

Gail Kelley