RE: Paul Fratessa: when did he die ????

I'm not a member of SEA and was unable to review the newsletter but Cal
Poly had a wonderful memory of Paul on their web page at
http://www.caed.calpoly.edu/newsevents/fratessa.html
I am completely shocked. I only knew him professionally and through the
attempts to coordinate the classes as COD with Cal Poly so students
seeking Architecture or Engineering could transfer credits. He was
tremendously helpful to me by providing course outlines and any
information that might make my teaching experience at College of the
Desert a more enjoyable experience.
I knew Paul was a demanding instructor and I admired him for that and
his reputation for work within SEAOC.
I am truly shocked by this loss. May he rest in peace?

My condolences to all of you who knew Paul through close working and /
or scholastic relationship. He will be very much missed by the
professional community and the assistance he gave to my students.

Because of the cut-back to community colleges in California, this class
was removed from the catalog at the same time Paul retired. I would have
known otherwise.

Again, my condolences to all who knew him.

Dennis